Wednesday, September 7, 2011

scene change

[same character. different setting.]

Good morning, moon.
We have another few hours here, together,
as the chill of the weather
outside the window panes bites
my heart as if it were sitting,
out in the biting wind,
exposed.

It is true, you know, the part
about my heart
being exposed;
I can feel a certain
prick, prick
like a woodpecker
peck, pecking on the organs
inside my ribs.

I guess the bird isn't all that's trapped in a cage.

Nothing has changed, has it, moon?
I am still floundering I am still groping I am still slipping I am still waiting I am all but

still.

[the window may now be a mirror, though it may not be, as the gentle drops of water fall either from a source outside or from a source within the room's four walls]

Your light moves me
lures me
intoxicates me

Your light forces me to confront what I bury during your absence.
You create a lesion in me,
toppling me over the edge of my

mind as it
c r   a c k    s

and I feel

e ve ry

th r e  ad

f r   a  y   i    n g.

Insert stage directions here:
[Dim the lights slowly to black out]

No comments:

Post a Comment