Thursday, September 2, 2010

Bet ya weren't expecting THIS!

Dear Zachary,

Two weeks ago, you asked me to write on my edging-on-estranged blog. Two weeks ago, I promised I would do so within the next day or two.

Um... I didn't.

Obviously.

Unless we're talking in "God days," in which case the interpretation of "day" is loose. Very loose.
But I'm not a loose woman, and I'm definitely not God, so I must admit that I failed in my promise to you. For that, I am sorry. To every misfortune, though, there is a silver lining. Congratulations, Zak! Your silver lining is this: A blog entry whose subject is you! OH GOODY!

For you minuscule handful who read my blog (somewhere between 1 and 5 readers, total), my dear friend Zak happens to be one of the most brilliant, witty, caring, spiritual, adorable people I've ever met in my life. If you were to combine a mathematician, a stand-up comedian, a dad, a deacon, and a teddy bear, you would end up with Zak. And I mean that in the most sincere, kindhearted way possible. In fact, if I were to create a list titled "People Who Have Changed My Life and Without Whom I Would Be a Sad Person," Zak would be on there without a doubt. Honestly, he naturally emanates goodness and happy feelings. I'm a big fan. Maybe I should make t-shirts... and sweatpants... andcoffeemugsfridgemagnetspencilssweatshirtscheershortsbookmarksbumperstickers! (Overkill? Pshhh no...)

Now, you're probably thinking, "Dude, are you in love with this guy? You are SUCH a creeper for writing a whole blog about him."
Well... I'm not in love with him (at this point in time). Nor am I a creeper (at any point in time). Thankyouverymuch. On the contrary, I am rather averagely fond of Zak. I prefer to save the "in love with Zak" label for our friend Arnold. HAHA. I kid, I kid. (Inside joke with friends... do y'all get it? Oui?).

Back to the point:
I'm writing this as a celebration of friendship. A year ahead of me in school, Zak inspires me in many ways to grow as a person. His passion for and skill in the French language puts me in awe. I hope one day I'll be fluent, and I know that I'll have his encouragement to thank. His insistence that I write on my blog and his interest in my writing really encourage me to hone my writing skills. When I need advice about religion and faith, he is always a great person to talk to. He excels at so much-- from MC-ing high school one acts, to publishing math books, to trying to be French (teehee). I could go on, but I a) don't want to embarrass Zak too much, and b) have homework to do.

Alas, I have one parting message:
Thank you, Zak, for being such a beautiful friend. I miss you terribly and can't wait to see you again! Keep your head on at college, as I know you are/will :)

Oh, and a guiltless plug: You should go read Zak's blog! http://iamzaks.blogspot.com/

Je t'aime,
-eleanor

1 comment:

  1. There are tears running down my face. Ellen, you're wonderful!

    And no, I wasn't expecting this!!!!!

    Je t'aime fort!
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete