Friday, September 10, 2010

I feel >.< !!!

Two weeks in, and I'm already apathetic towards high school social events.

Friday night football? Eh... I'm tired, and don't feel like putting the effort into going.

Homecoming? Eh... there's no one who I hope to get asked by. The novelty of mums is beginning to fade. I guess I could drag one of my now-college friends to a high school dance?

Two weeks in, only two weeks in, and I'm already feeling the absence of all the guys I hung out with last year. I'm already feeling trapped in a catty cage instead of a sisterhood of learning. I'm already wanting to rewind a year, or fast forward a year, just to avoid the present awkward in-between.

Being at the top, being the oldest at school, sucks. At least, it sucks if the people with whom you relate most happen to be older than you. Because they're not there any more. They're scattered everywhere but where you want them to be. Even if they are only 40 minutes away, you never see them, never talk to them. The dynamics change, things shift around, and sometimes life just gets lonely.

(every "you" above probably only refers to me)

exasperatedly yours,
-eleanor

2 comments: