Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Looking up? Perhaps.


Guess what?
I think I have friends.
I know I have friends. Friends my own age, in my own grade, who I've known for at least a year, if not longer. I just forgot how to be a friend, I guess... I inadvertently distanced myself from some of the funniest, most caring people in existence. I got too caught up in my own little world and my own future. I forgot about living in the present.

Now that I've remembered to enjoy the present, things are starting to look up.

On Saturday, I went out to dinner with a group of friends with whom I hadn't hung out in a while, and we had a grand old time. What's better than good friends, pizza, and too many overtly sexual jokes? (I guess that last part was a bit unnecessary... Alas.)

This afternoon, I once again hung out with that same group of friends, minus a couple, adding on a couple more. Once again, it was wonderful being around them, each and every one.

... Is it important to point out that all of the people I've been hanging out with, except for one, are guys? Probably not.

Moving on.

Because they all deserve it, each one gets a shout out. Even though none of them read this. But that's a trivial matter.

Maddie always says things like she sees it, which is ALWAYS a good thing. She keeps me realistic, she makes me laugh so very much, she tolerates me when I go crazy, and she is incredibly talented.

Durgan is the jolly ginger giant. But not really since he doesn't have freckles. However, for the sake of alliteration, he is a ginger not a daywalker. And he's more of a beanstalk than a giant. BUT BACK TO THE MAIN POINT: His smiley face and adorable essence, without fail, cheer me up the minute I see him. He's stuck by me even when I've been fickle (sorry, again), and I am so thankful for his undying friendship.

Joe, the true ginger (brownie points? I think so), is wonderful to talk to. His ability to listen and to remind me of why I should be happy, even when I'm down, is invaluable. To top it off, he plays guitar super well and has a great sense of humor. Red hair + good listener + music + funny = Definition of cool? I think so.

Connor... where do I begin? Best hair. Hilarious. Super talented. Sarcastic. Not Italian. Good nose. Fun to have insulting textversations with. And probably a completely romantic softie, somewhere deep down in his heart. (None of this was sarcastic.) ...and he's my "supa fly" (not like a G-6) best friend. Woo!

Raymond and I have an odd relationship. We'll be superclose for about a week, then stop talking for months. Nevertheless, it's always a grand reuniting whenever we see each other. Our five-minute hugs, as if we'd been separated for years, are quite possibly the highlight of our friendship. That, and our deep conversations. I'm so glad we've overcome our awkward junior high years.

Ian, ohhh that darling boy. Friends since our stint in a 15-minute rendition of Peter Pan, the summer after 5th grade. I've crushed on him, he's flippantly not ever had a crush on me. Nobigdeal. Through painful high school musical after painful high school musical, we've remained friends. Yes, I thought he hated me freshman year. But he didn't, it was just Ian being Ian. And that's okay. Because we're friends and he's wonderful.


Well. Now that I've gushed a smidgen, I suppose I should relieve your eyes from all of these words with a wee bit more "Thank You"s. No, it's not November, I'm just feeling really thankful.
1) Thank you, Chris, for giving me so much encouragement over the past few days. You are an angel, and I miss you terribly.
2) Thank you, Angela, for being the best Best Friend. It would still be wonderful if you could transfer to go to school with me :)

Things are starting to look up. Rehearsals are getting smoother, I've started looking at school in perspective, I'm breathing more, and I'm trying to deepen my trust in people. It's scary, feeling like I'm losing control of my life. Bringing all the pieces back together is difficult, but I'm beginning to feel whole again.

peace,
-eleanor

1 comment: