Saturday, October 22, 2011

hungry.

my stomach aches, and my vision
blurs until i have to focus on what
i'm looking at in order make out
definite letters and shapes. my
body needs food, my body is so
hungry
but i can't get up. i don't have the
energy to leave my room and go
get something to fill me. i've put
off eating this long- all i've eaten
today is a latte, yogurt, and two
Pop Tarts- so is it even worth it to
muster up energy i don't have just
to prowl alone, like an animal lost
from its pack, to find a little bit of
food?

it is late and my stomach's pain
blurs with the writhing of my
heart within my brittle form. why
should i appease my tangible
body when my heart cannot be
appeased? why should i taunt
myself like that? if i could, i would
feed my heartache. and if could, i
would make the aching inside of
me, the ever present aching within
me, go away forever because this
aching is more overpowering
than any physical hungry i have
ever felt. there is no remedy for
when your heart is hungry, for 
when your shelves are bare,
dust accumulating from waiting
for love to fill up its empty space.

so i'll close the pantry shelf and
sit in my room listening to songs
of passion and lost paths, suppressing
my bodily hunger until i wake
tomorrow morning, hoping i'll feel
just a bit more... together.

No comments:

Post a Comment